About Forest Schools
What is Forest Schools?
Forest Schools is a unique way of
building independence, self-esteem and a positive attitude towards
learning in children and young people as they explore and
experience the natural world for themselves.
A combination of freedom and
responsibility is beneficial to children with little confidence or
challenging behaviour. Valuable life skills are learnt -
communication, team working and responsibility.
Why is Forest School good for
children and young people?
• Beneficial for children who learn by 'doing'
• Children involved in Forest School
become more responsible for their actions, can calculate risks
and show improved self-confidence.
• A desire for learning is encouraged and
transferred back to the classroom
• Forest Schools encourage children to
become more active and healthy
• Children develop self-awareness
• Develop better communication skills
• Developing independence
• And much more!